Parking Lot Striping has been consistently rated as one of the top small businesses in America. Your initial investment is relatively low and profit margins are high. Once you have purchased your equipment and supplies, you will find that materials make up about 10% of each job. This means that the vast majority of the revenue from a job goes to you. A typical striping company can earn $2,000 – $4,000 profit per month with ease.
To begin striping as a business you simply need to take the following basic steps.
- Set up a basic business structure. (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or LLC)
- Set up a bookkeeping system and checking account.
- Purchase a striping machine and practice using it.
- Begin marketing your new business.
- Prepare quotes for new jobs.
- Complete the job and invoice the customer.
- Collect the check.
This may seem like an over simplification of the process but it is really not very difficult. We started our company and before we even had a machine we had two jobs to do. One was Baptist Hospital and the other was Home Depot. We made about $3,000 in a weekend and paid for all of our equipment.